Blog Journal #1

 Hi my name is Kayla! I was born and raised in Miami and am now a freshman at Florida State. I've worked with kids in a school setting for the past 5 years and I really enjoy it. My major is Special Education and I am planning on applying to the joint bachelor's and master's program at FSU for Special Education. 

I have used technology a lot in an educational setting including my own school work throughout the years as well as when I've worked with children. Growing up I would use different platforms online to complete my homework and class work. I have also used a multitude of online platforms when working with children. I find that interactive platforms online allow the children to enjoy what they are learning. 

I have multiple personal learning networks both online and offline. Offline I tend to interact a lot with teachers that I have worked with in the past that are very helpful when it comes to education related questions. I also consider the kids that I have worked with in the past to be considered part of my personal learning networks because they do teach a lot. As for online learning networks I tend to lean towards tiktok or twitter chats. 

Comments

  1. Hi Kayla, nice to meet you! Getting a master's in special education sounds so fulfilling, and i am happy for you! I also agree that using interactive platforms helps with student engagement, and i think this could be especially as helpful with your plan to work with special education students. I love that you included the children as a part of your personal learning networks because I also believe we have so much to learn from them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog#9

Blog #5