Blog #2

 I have been using MS word since I was in middle school. However, when I got to high school I began using google docs more often. I found that it was easier to use and it had more features. I enjoyed that it auto saved everything as you wrote and it was easy to use offline. It was also easy to convert and save your file into any format. 

ISTE Standards for Educators is an organization that targets educators interested in using technology in education. There are 7 standards that are each important. However, the one that is most meaningful to me is 2.4 the collaborator. This standard says that educators work with their peers and students to improve, learn new things, and solve problems. I think this standard is very important because I believe we learn more from each other than anything else. The easiest way to discover new things and improve is by talking with those around you. 

I do not agree with the term digital native when it comes to describing our youth. A digital native is someone who grew up in the digital age. I do not really see a large difference between how I use technology and how my teachers use it. Everyone assumes that because I grew up in the digital era that I am tech savvy, but that is not always the case. I believe that as time goes on, both me and my future students will grow more into using technology and become much more accustomed and tech savvy. 

Comments

  1. Hi Kayla, the same is true for me with using google docs more high school. I agree that it is way easier to use than microsoft and had more tools available. It is interesting that you do not believe we are digitals natives, but I do understand your point of view when comparing our use of technology to our teachers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kayla! I love you blog theme overall and this specific blog post. I also used Google Docs more in high school then in middle school. However, I have never used Microsoft Word until college, which you cannot relate to. It fascinates me that you learned it in middle school! I agree that Microsoft does have more tools than Google Docs. I do not agree with you on the fact that we are not digital natives, but I get where you are coming from. Not everyone has the same experience. Great work overall!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog#9

Blog Journal #1

Blog #5